Policy BriefDownload publication as PDF >
PB 2/2023: The role of sustainable investments in the transformation: (further) education as a key element
- Sustainable investments can be an important building block in the transformation of the economy and society.
- There has recently been a growing interest in sustainable investments, particularly in the retail segment.
- Despite regulatory efforts such as the introduction of a mandatory sustainability preference query during retail investment consultations, various factors continue to hinder stronger growth in the market share of sustainable investments.
- Both on the part of investment advisors and retail investors, a lack of knowledge about sustainable investments seems to contribute to a preference for conventional investment products.
- The design of training and further education measures for investment advisors as well as financial education measures for the population, particularly in connection with sustainable investments, can help to better exploit the potential of this asset class.