The Sustainable Finance Research Platform is a network of five German research institutions that have been conducting intensive research on sustainable finance for many years. The aim of the platform is to provide scientific support in answering key social, political and private sector questions, to provide established and emerging knowledge and to play an advisory role in the political and public discourse, for example by providing input and feedback to the Sustainable Finance Committee of the German Federal Government.
Members of the Management Board
- Prof. Dr. Christian Klein, University of Kassel
- Prof. Dr. Kerstin Lopatta, Universität Hamburg
- Prof. Dr. Ulf Moslener, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- Prof. Dr. Karsten Neuhoff, DIW Berlin
- Dr. Franziska Schütze, DIW Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Marco Wilkens, University of Augsburg
Further members of the Sciene Platform Sustainable Finance:
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Bassen, Universität Hamburg
- Prof. Dr. Timo Busch, Universität Hamburg
- Dr. Gunnar Guttsche, University of Kassel
- Ingmar Jürgens, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- Dr. Karol Kempa, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- Dr. Martin Rohleder, University of Augsburg
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Schenker, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- Prof. Dr. Frank Schiemann, Universität Hamburg
Statement on the German Federal Government’s Sustainable Finance Strategy (05/2021): „Germany introduces a comprehensive sustainable finance plan„
Stiftung Mercator is the Sustainable Finance Research Platform’s principal funder since August 2020.
During its pilot stage the project also received funding from the Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety. Please find further information on the project website.